The resources below have helped me to become a good social media manager and content creator. I have completed some of the training and am still taking some of the classes.
Learn from different mediums. I have put together different mediums from which I have learn new skills I.e. Free online courses, must watch videos, podcasts to follow and book recommendations.
Talk to experts. In case you have someone you look up to in this field, talk to them. I am available to talk for free.
Study everyday. Do not rush to complete the courses especially the top 9. Plan to study 3-5 topics in the week. Dedicate 2 hours from Monday to Sunday for learning. You will retain more knowledge doing this.
Don’t assume everything you read is true. Do some research on topics you come across in blogs, podcasts, videos or social media post including the ones I post. In the process of fact finding, you will learn more and faster.
Make learning your lifestyle. Chose to learn something new everyday. Be thirsty for knowledge. On your way to work, listen to a podcast, while you are waiting for your food at a restaurant, read a blog of follow a tweet thread, instead of watching TV all weekend, dedicate one day to your online course.
FREE ONLINE COURSES.
My top 9 courses.
- Facebook Blueprint created by Facebook.
- Twitter Flight School created by Twitter.
- YouTube Creator Academy created by YouTube
- Google Analytics Academy created by Google
- Google Ad Grants Online Marketing Challenge (OMC) created by Google.
- Social Media Marketing (Short Course) created by Oxford Home Study Centre
- Social Media Marketing Course created by HubSpot
- Introduction to Social Media Strategy created by Buffer
- Social Media Marketing Courses created by Alison
- QuickSprout University created by Neil Patel
- What Is Social? Hosted on Coursera and created by Northwestern University
- Social Media Monitoring Hosted on Udemy and created by Eric Schwartzman
- The Business of Social Hosted on Coursera and created by Northwestern University
- Social Media Ethics Hosted on Udemy and created by Eric Schwartzman
- Advanced Social Media Marketing for Picking up Clients Hosted on Udemy and created by Brian Yang
- Social Media Quickstarter created by Constant Contact
- Marketing in a Digital World Hosted on Coursera and created by University of Illinois
- Inbound Marketing Certification created by HubSpot
- Viral Marketing and How to Create Contagious Content Created by University of Pennsylvania
- Graphic Design Basics: Core Principles for Graphic Design Hosted on Skillshare and created by Smithsonian Design Museum
- How to Create Better Graphic Design Hosted on Udemy and created by Inoshiro Design
FREE VIDEO RESOURCES.
- How to Learn Anything! For Creatives & Self Learners—Whiteboard Session Homeschool Edition
- Why I Started To Charge $10k Per Day—The Whole Story
- Getting Paid To Think w/ David C. Baker
- Why Your Instagram Carousels Are Being Ignored— Use AIDA technique
- How To Find And Do Work That You Love (Ikigai)
- Why You Don’t Need A Mentor—Find Heroes
- How To Charge For Design—Value Based Pricing
- How to Create Engaging and Relevant Content for Instagram
- FiLMiC PRO DoubleTake App | First Look!
- How To Shoot Smartphone Video that DOESN’T SUCK!
- How I Read 100 Books a Year – 8 Tips for Reading More
- How to Remember What You Read | How I Digest Books
- The Best Shotlist Template
- Believe You Can
- Taking The Big Risks
- Stop Thinking and Start Doing
- Stop Giving Advice, Ask More Questions
- Don’t Be Afraid, Just Try
- Curiosity Is The Key To A Successful Career
- Work-Life Balance As A Creative
- The Importance Of A Name
- Where To Start With Social Media
- Where Do You Draw Confidence From?
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
- The Business of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Convert Insight to Impact + Wealth
- The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
- The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
- Digital Marketing Strategy: An Integrated Approach to Online Marketing 2nd Edition
That is it for now. If you need any help, any questions, a study companion, don’t be afraid to reach out to me @TukundaneYonna.